2018 45th Annual Meeting of Shareholders
Scheduled for Saturday, June 2 at Glennallen High School
Nomination letters were sent to shareholder households in January. The nomination period to be included on the Ahtna, Inc. Board-solicited proxy for this meeting is from January 1 through February 28, 2018. Ahtna, Inc. will accept written nominations hand-delivered or postmarked to our Anchorage or Glennallen Offices on or before Wednesday, February 28th by 4:00 pm.
Five (5) directors will be elected at the annual meeting. The Directors whose terms will expire are as follows:
Genevieve John Seat A: At-Large
Roy J. Tansy, Sr. Seat A: At-Large
Lucille A. Lincoln Seat G2: Kluti-Kaah
Franklin R. John Seat H: Mentasta
Angela M. Vermillion Seat I: Gulkana
Each nominee will be required to complete and return an extensive Candidate Questionnaire and Background Authorization Form by Friday, March 16, 2018 in order to be placed on the Board-solicited proxy. Ahtna will send out Candidate Questionnaires as soon as it can after a nomination is received.
The information collected by the Candidate Questionnaires will accompany the Board-solicited proxy mailed to each eligible shareholder prior to the Annual Meeting. If a questionnaire is not fully completed and returned by the March 16, 2018 deadline, the candidate will not be included on the general ballot or proxy materials. If interested, the Candidate Questionnaire forms are available upon request to any shareholder by contacting Shareholder Services.
Annual Meeting Packets
Something new we will be doing this year is only sending one Annual Meeting packet per shareholder household. Shareholders eligible to vote will receive individual proxy information but each shareholder household will only receive one packet with the 2017 Annual Report, Annual Meeting Agenda, etc. We also plan to implement the option to receive materials electronically in 2019. These changes will bring substantial costs savings to the company in printing and postage as well as help to reduce our environmental impact.
If you wish to still receive your own individual Annual Meeting packet, please contact shareholder services at (907) 822-3476 or firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 31, 2018.
The Ahtna, Inc. 44th Annual Meeting of Shareholders was held on:
2017 Board of Directors Selections (Winners):
- Class A, At-Large: Nicholas Jackson (incumbent)
- Class C, Cantwell: Eleanor Dementi (incumbent)
- Class G, Kluti-Kaah: Kenneth P. Johns
- Class J, Tazlina: Albert L. Fleury
*All newly elected directors will serve 3-year terms, which end at the 2020 Annual Meeting.
A big thank you to former board of directors: Jessica A. Rock (Seat G1, Kluti-Kaah ) for her dedication and service, and to Dorothy Shinn (Seat J, Tazlina) for her dedication and service.
2017 Recognition Awardees:
- Board Member of the Year: Karen L. Linnell
- Special Recognition – 40 Year Alyeska Partnership
- Mr. Tom Barrett, President, Alyeska Pipeline Service Company
- Mr. Ed Hendrickson, Senior Vice President & CFO, Alyeska Pipeline Service Company
- Ms. Lorena Hegdal, Right of Way Director, Alyeska Pipeline Service Company
- Mr. Dan Flodin, Supply Chain Management Director, Alyeska Pipeline Service Company
2017 Early Bird Winners:
- $1,000 – Michael J. Voyles
- $750 – Timothy L. Stevens
- $500 – Olivia N. Johns
- $250 – Chad A. Faverty
- $200 – Katelynn Johns, Ronald G. Lincoln-Ewan, Justiss M. Hutchinson, Grace S. Wilson, Carl N. Pete, Clifton A. Tibbits III, Erika C. Empey and Victor T. Fleury.
2017 Online Voting Winners:
- $200 – Ray R. Stickwan and Rebecca C. Hobson
2017 Door Prize Winners:
- Charles Smelcer, Bradley F. Sinyon, Bruce Lord, Samantha L. Hatton-Johns, Ellen K. Gene, Genevieve John, Julie M. Leeper, Shawnee M. Frank, Sharon Soule, Josette R. Johns, Deborah A. Barlip, Vivian S. Vincent, Shalana L. George, Glenda Ewan, Fred J. Ewan, James M. Chudocken IV, Dean E. Barlip, John F. Ewan, Craig R. Peters, Lonnie E. Tyone, Joshua B. Neeley and Takoda E. Vermillion.
2017 Ahtna Region Flyover Winners:
- Leo N. Ewan and Michelle L. Rickteroff
Live Streaming of the Annual Meeting
The Annual Meeting was streamed live online again this year. Shareholders can log in at ahtnavote.com within 10 days of the meeting using the Shareholder ID and PIN* located in your proxy packet. Once successfully logged in, you’ll see a message at the top of the page that says “Click here to access the live stream.”
*If you lose your shareholder ID or PIN, please contact Kristin Phillips at Altman, Rogers & Co. immediately at (907) 274-2992.
For more information or if you have questions on any of the above, please contact Eileen Ewan, Shareholder Services Manager, at (907) 822-3476
*Photos of the Annual Meeting will be posted on Ahtna’s Facebook page