The primary goal of Shareholder Development is to maximize shareholder potential by developing, and engaging shareholders as they pursue meaningful career and life goals. We also work diligently with Ahtna subsidiaries and management to provide opportunities for shareholders, increase shareholder hire, and develop programs to advance shareholders in their careers.
Ahtna is committed to maximizing shareholder potential with a vision that says “Our people are prosperous”.
Ahtna currently has several initiatives designed to help accomplish our primary goal. These initiatives include:
Shareholder Development works closely and effectively with shareholders in assisting and counseling them to become better prepared and better qualified for career opportunities.
We also provide the following support services to shareholders, their spouses and descendants, including:
- Career counseling and development
- Send your resume for review before applying for a job
- Use the shareholder computers in each office (Anchorage or Glennallen) for typing a resume
- Interview skills
- Call before an interview to go over what questions you may encounter
- Ahtna conducts behavioral interviews which are more common with companies
- Identifying funding for higher education
- Call your Shareholder Development Coordinator to assist you in your scholarship search
- Follow our Facebook page for upcoming scholarships
- Get direction on where to start
- Identifying funding for training
- Call your Shareholder Development Coordinator for assistance in the search for trainings or vocational opportunities.
- Follow our Facebook page for upcoming trainings.
- Helping shareholders find gainful employment
- Not sure how to start? Give your Shareholder Development Coordinator a call and talk about your ideas of places to apply to.
- Here are some helpful links to help you identify education opportunities:
Shareholder Development FAQ
The Ahtna Shareholder Development Department is based out of Glennallen, Alaska, and is headed by Mercedes “Starr” Knighten, Shareholder Development Coordinator.
M. Starr Knighten
PO Box 649
Glennallen, Alaska 99588
The Ahtna Shareholder Development Department, which is separate from Shareholder Services, provides benefits primarily centered on developing shareholders. These benefits include career counseling and development, assistance in finding scholarships and vocational training, as well as assistance with finding gainful employment.
If you are a shareholder needing assistance with career or education development, please contact the Ahtna Shareholder Development Department at (907) 822-3476 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ahtna Shareholder Development Department is available to assist Ahtna shareholders in finding employment. Shareholder Development works diligently with Ahtna subsidiaries and management to provide opportunities within Ahtna for shareholders, increase shareholder hire, and develop programs to advance shareholders in their careers.
Shareholder Development also specializes in finding employment opportunities for Ahtna shareholders within the Ahtna region and with various sister/partner companies, including other Native corporations and organizations.
The Ahtna Shareholder Portal and Talent Bank is another tool available to shareholders. To start, shareholders must log in to www.shareholder.ahtna.net and set up a username and password. Once they’re logged in, shareholders can update their contact information, add employment and education information, upload their resumes, and tell Ahtna more about their education, training, and career goals. The Talent Bank provides a convenient and user-friendly way for Shareholder Development to assist shareholders with their education and employment needs.
Lastly, qualified shareholders, shareholder spouses, and shareholder descendants retain hiring preference for all Ahtna positions during all phases of employment. Shareholders looking to work for Ahtna can find a listing of our current job openings on the Shareholder Employment section of this website.
For direct assistance, shareholders may contact the Shareholder Development Department at (907) 822-3476 or email@example.com.
The Ahtna Heritage Foundation provides the Walter Charley Memorial Scholarship to full or part-time college-level students, which is provided exclusively to Ahtna shareholders. For more information about the scholarship and how to apply/qualify, please contact the Ahtna Heritage Foundation at (907) 822-5778 or visit www.ahtnaheritagefoundation.com.