Published January 2017
Application booklets are available online at www.ahtna-inc.com and at either Ahtna, Inc. office. Ahtna will not accept incomplete applications.
- Lineal descendant of an original Ahtna shareholder-owner (such as child, grandchild, etc.)
- ¼ or more Alaska Native blood quantum
- Be born after Dec. 18, 1971
- Be a United States citizen
- Not be a shareholder-owner of another ANCSA Regional Corporation (except by gifting or inheritance)
- Class L Stock Application
- Original birth certificate – An original birth certificate is the only document that will be accepted. If you do not have an original birth certificate, contact your local Vital Statistics office.
- Original Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB)
- For assistance regarding CIBs, contact the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
Additional documents (required if applicable):
- Proof of name change (if name is different from that listed on birth certificate)
- Proof of custodianship (if not a biological or adoptive parent)
- Paternity affidavit (if parent is not listed by one or both parents on birth certificate)
- Adoption court order (if adopted by one or both parents)
IMPORTANT: If you are a Class L shareholder-owner, are of age and have received your high school diploma, GED or equivalent, please remember that Shareholder Services needs proof of graduation/completion, such as a copy of your diploma, so they can transfer your remaining shares to you. Please note that Class L applications and graduate gift requests are managed under separate programs and proof of graduation must be submitted separately to each. When first enrolled, a Class L shareholder-owner receives 30 shares of Class L stock. Upon turning 18 and receiving a high school diploma, GED or equivalent, Class L shareholder-owners receive an additional 70 shares of Class L stock, for a total of 100 shares.
Name and Address Change
It is important that your mailing address and other contact information be kept current so that you receive dividend distributions as well as other mail from Ahtna, including company announcements, newsletters and annual meeting materials. Those who need updated contact information are listed on the website at: ahtna-inc.com/shareholders/bad-address-list/
You may update your address and phone number on the talent bank at shareholder.ahtna.net or by calling Shareholder Services at (907) 822-3476 or emailing email@example.com.
Direct deposit helps you receive your dividend faster. The form can be found on the Shareholders Services page of our website.